April 14, 2009

Yahoo Messenger for iPhone

There is now a Version 1.0 of the Yahoo Messenger for iPhone. I have it on mine now (2G iPhone 2.1)

You might want to give it a try, click Appstore, and Search "Y!" it will appear. Choose the one with a smiley (icon).

Its been 30mins since I installed it, and here's what i can say.

- overall GUI is GREAT. it carries the "ym" feel.
- i can easily add contacts, v.s. Fring cannot add my ym contacts (or can I?)
- i can Report Abuse as well. .. if i choose to report lol
- Settings.. add email .. everything you need.

Except maybe for VOIP (ym to ym call) which I can do with Skype on Fring.


Post some feedback if you encountered any :) Tell me if you like it or what..

Thanks to Rommel for the heads up

3 comments:

  1. I agree YM for iPhone is so much better than that of Yahoo! OneConnect.

    Also I already ditched Fring for YM native app and Skype native app :D

    And oh, did I mention that you can call Skype to Skype over the 3G network if your on iPhone 3.0 :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. im jealous.

    #1 i only have 2G
    #2 im still 2.1 <- would you believe?
    #3 Data here is expensive.

    :(

    Called my sister Skype to Skype (via fring) though. over wifi lolz

    ReplyDelete
  3. naa pud para iPod lingaw na kaayo ko :D kung gamit ang imong kinugos sa laptop, balhin tawn ko sa iPod para ka chat. hihih!

    ReplyDelete