I was writing an entry for my journal here 2 days ago but it was not finished. the story would have been about a "Pinoy Worker", I think that was the planned title for the blog. I started it by talking about the "value for money" of a pinoy worker. Being that a kabayan is more often, doing well with his or her job.
However, in the afternoon while writing my entry, each one of us was called by our boss to his office. First was one of our accountants, second was from our reservations team,.. and so on. And by then we knew, that this was the day that they will start removing some staff again. They did this before, sometime October of 2008, then again on December of that year, now 3 months came and they... did it again.
MY hands were cold when I recieved an instant message from our accountant, she told me it is her last day. I did not know what to say. I am sure she is in full control of herself, and saying some cliche' would not help. Or is not needed.
The reservations staff that got removed however was different from the discreet accountant, who kept quiet. She (the res staff), proclaimed to everyone that we will all be removed and that only one will remain, the Brit from the group. I did not hear her when she said this, this is just like one of those.. "witnesses say".
I however heard her, well she was talking to me really, when she told me that of the four people in our IT, only one will remain. And it is not me. I was scared. During this time I was already on conversation with my girlfriend over googletalk. And we were both scared. Good thing that my girlfriend assured me, and told me to wait for the final word, and not to believe what that girl said.
It came my time to be in the office. I heard the same lines our boss used when the first "wave" of retrenchment came last year. He told me "as you noticed, some people are coming my office, and some of them will be removed"..
I did not look him in the eye, and I was almost teary eyed, I thought. Then I asked my boss.. "Will I be one of them?"
He assured me. "no.. no.. you will not be removed"
I was so relieved.
And then he told me something else. That there will be changes on how the company will operate. All that stuff. That if I tell you, I will then have to kill you kind of information. Lol. I am just kidding.
You can visit a holiday rental site to know what IT means. :)
thanks!
now I finally have time to write this entry. Congratulations to all pinoy workers.
March 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment