February 27, 2009

Think Fast Move Slow

I cannot remember where I got that phrase from, but up until now that phrase is important in my book. This morning, while in our room, we heard our housemate screaming. "eeeeriiikk" "eeerrrrriikk" it was my girlfriend who got to her first in the kitchen. I was still in bed, but not asleep, i think. When I followed my girlfriend to the kitchen, and before she got to the kitchen door, i saw reflections of orange on her face, and on the adjacent wall.

I realized that our kitchen was on fire. They where both screaming. Lol. And when I actually saw our gas range, I saw a huge fire forming from on top of the frying pan and reaching our cupboards. No it wasnt fancy chinese cooking.

I grabbed the handle of the frying pan and placed, more like dropped it, at the kitchen sink. And it was all over. The bacon too fell on the sink, instead of the dinner plate.

We all caught our breath back. :)) I dont know why but I am like that. I dont know if it is just me, but somehow I feel like I see captured moments of "accidents" like these freeze in time, and then I react.

Similar to what happened to my sister, when she accidentaly touched the grounding part of my macbook pro's power supply. This happened while we were going on our summer trip back in Samboan. I saw her. The situation froze before me, and I snapped the wire of her arms.

I am unsure now whether that was moving slow. But I can certainly say that I do not panic a lot. I only feel the 'sense of danger' of the situation after a few minutes it was resolved.

Hmm.. I was held at knife point by some frat boys back in Cebu. Only because I went out of the car to try to free my friends away from them. IT was brave of me.. but 2 hours later (probably around 4 a.m.) I realized what I did was dangerous. lol and got scared.

I panic. In some situations, some very oddly minor situations. Like when the delivery guy bringing our hamburgers. I think i jumped our of bed more quickly then, than when i heard the screaming this morning.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment