The work week ends today. I think I may not have written much this past few days, I was very busy. My boss came from his vacation from the US, and the projects which i put on hold due to 'the flu', was running on full steam. I had a very productive week I must say. :)
Some things I have read in the news, or learned this week.
The US market still is not in a good shape, in my opinion, after those expensive 'bailout' funds.
A giant Stingray was caught today. It was measured 7ft x 7ft, and has a 10ft long poisonous tail. They threw it back at the ocean though.
The UAE Government promised $20 Billion for the Dubai. Nothing like the US version but still it gave quite a positive stir, and will likely strengthen Dubai now. A much needed help, in a timely manner... again my opinion.
And yeah, I started to write about it yesterday but I was on a hurry. A big publishing company here removed some 50 people and stopped its production of 7 magazine. They say the '7 mags' are only 5% of what they produce. So that more or less gives us the idea how big they are. What is striking about this news is that I applied for this company, upon referral from my friend, Id like to thank her though, and we dont have communication, and I hope she's not part of the 50. But yeah I applied, and they gave me the offer, nothing written, maybe I was still 70-80% hired then. Luckily the salary they are willing to give me is too low. It was higher than my present salary, but it was a little too low to bet my ass on, with so much risk. First In Last Out.
It must have been my skills at math, or my playing Poker on my iPhone, or even Scrabble, that I got the odds out pretty quickly. And thought it was a bad deal. So I stayed. And celebrated my 2 years yesterday. Internally. Lol. I congratulated myself, for #1 2 years in a company is a first. #2 it aint so bad, here in this Country.
I guess that's it. And yeah I must say. I survived the week with literally ZERO money on my wallet. :)) I spent nothing. hmmmm i borrowed 100AEd from my girlfriend to buy phone credits to renew my Sim Card. Ah remember.. 2years?.. gotta renew. But besides that, I spent nothing!... Absolutely nothing. I have a few dollars on my wallet though. Should the need arise. And Im glad I kept them. They are worth more in pesos (now), than they were before.
I think the blog was almost all about money, stocks, math. Pretty boring.
Here's something not boring. Cold Season is officially over I think. And summer is still not kicking in. WE DO NOT LIKE SUMMER here. We only like the middle of both season. so, the weather is FINE. :)
Actually the weather is brilliant. its a star. massively brilliant. bloody brilliant. fucking fucked up. :))
That's All Folks.
February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment